Thursday, January 16, 2014

Nickers, Mary Wanless and Seat Muscles

Thursday am: I have struggled with the exciting possibility of riding and playing with Sara's Nickers but decided to wait until March if that is still agreeable with Sara. (Happily yes it is!) Between weather and upcoming house renovations in February this seems the smart thing to do. It will be enough to stay with improving as a rider and learning dressage, etc. through this period of time.

Mary Wanless: Ride with your Mind. I am going to add some of this into my early morning study time.

Friday am: Have played around with Mary Wanless website--some articles and video and realized the best book for me now is the most basic and found a kindle version at amazon.com

Sooooooooooo reviewed 45 degree leg angles and shoulder, hip, heel alignment.
But big news flash: With dance over the decades there has been so much discussion and variation and varying images of HOW to use seat muscles for stability. I love, love, love Mary's diagram--it makes so much sense.

1. seat bones are pointing down ie. perpendicular to the ground
2. around them--think of engaging the following muscles but not to the point that it pops the butt off the saddle. This makes the most sense of anything I have ever seen/heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment