Thursday, January 16, 2014

More

1. I had a blast yesterday and loved Try's snarky attitude as it gave us permission to play hard with big energy. It unleashed in be the big positive energy I had been looking for....

2. Wheelbarrow turns--Z5 driving--easily transitioned into traveling leg yields by my moving from Z5 to Z4 or Z3.

3. Holding onto the pommel did help to maintain a solid, steadiness in rise and sit of the trot.

4. When we were playing the circle game on line, after I helped her let off some steam LOL, she was coming up through her top line some followed by some nice stretching--at the trot. I have really wanted to see this AND this was either a first for her or the first time I saw it.

5. This energy was the unexpected surprise for the day for us both.

6. I watched myself for confidence in talking to Bethanna and my husband. I was also able to catch some negative self-talk and replace it.

I was playing around at home trying to figure out what the difference is in how I use my body for upward vs downward transitions:

Upward--especially from a halt to go--I rock slightly forward on my seat bones.
Downward--I sit deeper, moving slightly back by using my lower abs.

For Thursday:
Cold weather--if I get to the barn, bundle up and take Try for a nice long graze on line. Fill her bucket day.

No comments:

Post a Comment