Monday, January 20, 2014

How did it go January 14-20

Well Jan 20 isn't over yet but I think I can still do a wrap up.
  1. HQ Flexibility--we have made strides but will not have this on the list for next week unless the Thursday vet visit shows Try has no joint issues.
  2. Using seat cues--what fun--studying this has opened up so much thought. When Dawn talked about the way Linda is using her body and I saw something on FB about Mary Wanless--I ended up getting the kindle version of her most basic book. So far--it appears to me to be incredibly in keeping with what I learned in ballet about stabilizing my body. 
    1. So--I have studied about 1/3 of book so far and am applying, filming, study myself.
    2. I skimmed the rest of the book and am feeling overwhelmed--needing to keep to manageable chunks to stay positive.
    3. I see the need to up my core strength separate from riding, although not to the extent of having it take over my life, seeking the six pack abs, etc.
  3. The big positive energy
    1. I had so much fun with Try when I had that energy going--more confidence to stay on task until a win.
    2. I had some negativity coming my way in personal relationships. I am thinking about this.
    3. I am realizing that I have a lot of knowledge. With priorities and organizing and having my positive energy going I can do this. Also I know every day is a new day.
  4. Try and mental fitness
    1. Big strides for her also, she seemed happy when we were playing and feeling better after getting some exercise.
    2. I was able to break through the extreme anger she had each day when I got to the barn and she seemed relaxed when I left. However, until the vet comes we will exercise lightly.
  5. Fun
    1. The big energy was fun and a surprise for us.
    2. Pleasant rides away from the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment