Monday, January 20, 2014

Week January 21-27

horse development increased from 6 to 6.5
rider confidence from 6 to 6.5

blocks: talent increased from 20 to 22, skill from 10-14, try and luck remaining at 22

Preliminary Plan

Big changes in the plan for next week. I am adding in priorities other than horsemanship. There is a possibility that Try will need to have her hocks injected again. We will have ??3 days of extreme cold weather and I will not go to the barn. I have work to do for upcoming renovations to 1/2 of the house.
  1. I plan to continue to study rider biomechanics with an emphasis on my alignment, strength and use of muscles to be a good riding partner.
    1. Discuss in greater depth with Dawn the previous conversation about what Linda is doing in her body. Also discuss--how to make it happen/get er done.
    2. Form a preliminary plan or check list from the Mary Wanless materials
      1. Check shoulder, hip, heel alignement
      2. Check for the leg 45 degree angles (arrow head)
      3. Seat bones point down
      4. Engage muscle pads around seat bones
      5. Lift lower abs
      6. Expand my outer edges outward??
      7. Diaphramatic breathing
    3. Discuss this with BA and Kathy
    4. Quick review of notes from Colleen Kelly dvds and rider biomechanics clinic with Kelly Sigler.
    5. Film every time possible to check what I am doing in my body.
  2. My fitness
    1. Review and pull together exercises etc from various routines
      1. PT, Katie, Cheryl, ballet
      2. Form a new habit
      3. pilates and yoga dvds etc for variety
  3. Big energy and confidence
    1. Self awareness with Try and Devon--they both respond well to the big energy (caveat)
    2. Self awareness with strong personalities in my life--discuss if a good idea.
  4. Nutrition
    1. Track and break it down
    2. Plan meals that I like
  5. House renovations
    1. Homework
    2. Keep household relatively organized despite chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment