Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 2 of the PLAN

The Plan followed by results

Starting on the ground

1. Something new--not really new but progressed--straddle the cavaletti pole vertically, asking from a greater distance (basically from zone 1).

Result: With a 22' line, I asked from about 15' and did not move my feet. She asked a lot of questions and offered a lot of different things--particularly putting various feet on the pole. Once we were close to the answer--I felt it took too long and she wasn't really focusing/trying as she could have and would have if we were closer. However, she did get it. Game over, enthusiastic good girl, treat, etc. This can be repeated soon.

2. Sync to music--stick to each other. Purpose: Try's willingness to play/match different energy levels. Right side, 5 zones, 3 gaits, 7 games. Moment to new moment. But do add in stop on a dime.

Result: It just didn't work to do much with this--the music wasn't inspiring me to move. But Try did match my energy better than the other day and we were so much better at stopping on a dime from a trot after a few tries. I want to leave general stick to me and come back to it in a different way, or focusing in on something in particular. No music for a while.

3. On the ground one good HQ yield each side--big step and check for relaxation. Big treat and time to absorb.

Result: good big steps but please video and get feedback!

Riding

As it turned out it was starting to rain so rather than go groom and tack up in the barn, I rode bareback with 22' line and carrot stick minus savvy string--didn't seem to make any difference. Ring is the only place on the property that is ok to ride--still muddy mess but at least the ground isn't frozen the way it was yesterday.

1. Lateral flexion and one good HQ step each way from a stand still.

Lateral flexion was even better on the right side than the left. I need to videotape this.

2. Play with seat cues as warmup choose one to be particular ie backing.

From a walk, halt and back was great today. I think Try really knows seat cues. I believe the issue is do I use them consistently and then, if Try isn't responding use reinforcement cueing. So new plan is to focus on me--using a typical pattern etc--and just see if using seat cues can be my first thought.

2. Circling for HQ yield Dan and MH approaches

Not as good as yesterday. Did not do MH method with contact. Need to research for some different ways to play with this before it becomes "work." Perhaps wheelbarrow turns or find a different place to play?

Finish with leave the farm to graze in the green grass. YES we did this--its her fav.

No comments:

Post a Comment