Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday - Looking toward goals for next week

How we did this week:

I. Rider biomechanics study and application and II. My fitness

These seemed to merge. I was glad for the perspective of Mary Wanless and what Dawn said about Linda's extreme conditioning--I know I need to ID and release tension BUT also I need increased fitness in various areas.

The Janice Dulak Pilates dvd is feeling good--she isolates 3 clusters of 3 muscle groups and through the 57 minute video helps to have them come together as one working unit. I found after doing the video and riding the same day that the unit carried over. This is great--plan/picture/feel--I obviously can't be concentrating on body parts but so much while riding--I need an intuitive overall feel so I can have energy for other stuff such as being aware of Try.

III. Big positive LBE energy
I lost sight of this and several times caught myself with some very negative self-talk. This needs to stay on the list for next week big time.

IV. Nutrition--see blog--for next week--find and try 2 recipes.
V. House--not on goal list--it will just be happening--packing, moving stuff

For next week:

I. Big positive LBE energy as #1 with the weather--losing three days again and waiting to see what is going on with Try. Self awareness and blog it. Making positive use of indoor time with horsemanship reading materials Kathy sent and Sally Swift/Eric Franklin--images for alignment in motion.

II. Try--downward transitions--tailored to how she is feeling
1. on line starting with backing from a standstill cued from intention and adding trot to halt and energy in the back up
2. thinking forward in downward transition riding--cueing with seat muscles--1/2 halt
3. being particular about responsiveness and then smoothness of the transition
4. Rethink cueing on the ground

III. My fitness, alignment etc as a rider: dvd plus my own exercises
IV. Nutrition--think about what I would actually enjoy eating and 2 new recipes or foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment