Monday, July 14, 2014

Incredibly wonderful day with Try!!

Got to the barn with a plan and through it away as often happens. My plan was to ride Sephira and I reviewed everything in preparation and then possibly review some friendly game with Sephira (film) and again that and some more games with Try.

Got there--BA asked if her daughter Jen could ride either Try or Sephira. I had to think and decided on Sephira because Try hasn't gotten as much attention from me lately, Sephira would get a better fitness session with Jen and I knew Jen would love the change to ride Sephira.  Also BA reminded me vet was coming and I want her to take a look at Sephira's right knee to see if she saw anything that could be part of the tripping.

So Try and I rode in the ring: WTC in wintec saddle. We got the nice trot rhythm back at times after last week with no energy. Also some nice sit-able canter with soft feel. Mostly just a pure pleasure to be with Try no matter what--its as if she could not think of anything to upset me if she tried and she doesn't want to anyway. ("The worst thing she ever did was wonderful.") After shower and dwell walk graze and back to her stall.

Then my friend Wendy came with her visiting niece AJ from Reno who just started riding horses the past week at Wendy's. Wendy thought it would be helpful to AJ in her understanding of horses to see Try's on line/liberty in action. Try was incredible--I demo-ed 7 games with explanation and then had AJ check out a couple of things with Try: the backup from intention, draw, walking a weave pattern, pushing the barrel, knocking the cone off the barrel and walking over a jump etc. I was impressed with AJ--lovely, soft manner connecting with Try. And of course--thank you Try!!

Jen riding Sephira:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORe1MLrACXI&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment