Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Saturday - Breakthru Day - Dawn, Try, Sephira and I

Saturday--Dawn rode Try and I rode Sephira and we swapped off. First we played on the ground: I played with Try then Dawn repeated the game with Try then I did the game with Sephira. Dawn said Sephira really watched me with Try. Sephira during the two hours or so the four of us were together got the most relaxed I have ever seen her--the habitual tension just drained right out of her. After I rode Sephira, I rode just a few minutes with Try (lots of energy again like last Thursday) and was able to ask for a bit of shoulder in and haunches in. Shoulder in was the best. It was VERY helpful that my lesson with Kathy was videotaped: To remember, understand and pick up on things I missed during the lesson! 

Sephira

  1. most relaxed thus far
  2. happy and enjoying herself
  3. I enjoyed riding
  4. I felt confident
  5. She watched Try do on line and liberty games
  • mounting block
  • rhythm--my feeling
We did standing in the stirrups at the walk and closing my eyes at the walk on loose rein and soft feel.

Try : we did haunches in and shoulder in--I want to go back to bending on the circle using leg/stick only.

No comments:

Post a Comment