Monday, July 28, 2014
Sunday and Monday - Audit Dennis Callin clinic
Enjoyed watching--was able to absorb more today than last time as I wasn't riding, none of my horses were in the clinic and I wasn't responsible for lunch. Riders: Lisa from LaGrange (dressage), Laura Underhill Norment (hunter trainer/judge) LBE challenging very athletic horse, Bridget (McNair)--great session and Jennifer Hobbs, Wilmington with challenging horse--druthers. I was again impressed with how a warmup and a few simple suppling exercises yielded such results including coming up through topline and into the bit without using reins to ask. Big differences in the "difficult" horses as they became more balanced--especially the second day.
Some Exercises: serpentines, trot-to-halt transitions, shoulder in and haunches in canter and counter canter in patterns and in serpentines and simple lead changes. Photo taken by MH and posted at facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment