I was pleased and proud to ride both horses today and feel strong and good. It was uneventful--just a nice day. A cool happening: Jen is now in charge of Skunk and playing with him on line in a Parelli like way under the watchful eye of BA. Jen is excited and Skunk loves to play. She got him to step on the pedestal with BA's help. That would be a great pic for the Rollover web page or facebook page as Skunk is just the cutest little yearling+ pony. Jen intends to be the one to start him next year. (She has decided she isn't interested in showing but is still loving riding.)
Try
She was absolutely not in the mood to expend energy which is highly unusual--perhaps the heat, perhaps the chiropractic session last Wednesday? Anyway I listed to her and we walked a lot and trotted some then went in and showered off.
Good stuff
1. golden feeling--I just loved being with her
2. I didn't push her to go beyond what felt right to her
3. Lots of draw and desire to be with me
4. We rode in the western saddle and I tacked her up myself
5. Try was lovely and relaxed
Priorities: 1. do a little more at least, 2. dwell time and enjoyment
Sephira
Groom, walk trot ride for confidence. Please that my endurance is getting back to normal. I felt fully confident and we were the only ones in the ring. She enjoyed a lukewarm shower and could use some clipping and a really good bath this week.
Good stuff
1. She stood tied in the ring patiently while I helped with something.
2. We got HQ yield from a look
3. Got one relaxed backing step from a look
4. I was confident riding and did not even think about the concept of confidence.
5. I had better endurance riding her big trot.
Priorities
1. Can we PLAY on the ground? (Am I too cautious and boring?)
2. What does it take for learning to carry over to the next day?
3. How do I convey to Sephira that the goal is for us together to learn ever lighter cueing?
No comments:
Post a Comment