Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday - July 1st - Sephira - curious, smart and confident AND sweet

Sephira

Prep todos
1. cueing riding transitions--walk/backup/trot
2. my confidence
3. trot 45 degrees concept
4. patterns and variety
5. rest in the shade
6. canter departs
7. HQ yield from a look on line

Affirmations: confidence and enjoyment, canter depart, mounting block and HQ yields and asked Sephira about mounting block steps.

What we did: started out back with liberty and curiosity. Played about 5 minutes and got HQ yields from a look--can we get it tomorrow? Groom and tack up at liberty--she took one step when I lifted saddle. ONLY that.

Riding: I didn't feel as strong in my body as last time then there was some tripping and coughing and BA came and rode in the ring to help me with confidence. Said I went through that with Try--not to make a transition to regain confidence--to work through it a bit and transition on a good note. REALLY important for confidence and respect. We did trot a lot more than before. Canter departs were great and likely no longer an issue. I did affirmations about enjoyment and I really didn't love this ride.

The good stuff:
1. groom and tack up at liberty in back paddock
2. HQ yield on line from a look
3. more trotting than before
4. better at the mounting block--issue getting into place and not taking a step--less and easily fixed. Still great about the actual mounting and wait to walk off.
5. canter departs and go from halt to walk from seat cue

Priorities
1. learning to respect my space--teach on line with yoyo and on lead line
2. confidence and joy in the saddle

Try
She scared me--looked old around the face for the first time ever. Dawn rode and bathed Try. Tomorrow the chiropractic/vet checks out Try--hope she will really enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment