Saturday, July 12, 2014

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday--got out of Dr office--elated that I am healing and can ride sensibly. Went directly to barn to shower Sephira and Try and they were trapped in their stalls with farrier having his truck parked in front of both. Hot, unpleasant, bad smells etc. I sponged them both and gave them a treat and hung out with both.

Thursday--tired day for me so opted to play on the ground rather than ride. Katie filmed and took pics which were eye openers!! Perhaps better when I am too tired to only have dwell time.

Try


  1. loved just being with her
  2. super laid back 
  3. Try was pleasant and happy
  4. We played a bunch of games at liberty all on the tarp: yoyo, HQ yield away and toward, circling, turn on the haunches, sideways away and toward, etc.
  5. Try enjoyed her shower
priorities/thoughts
  1. Try was moving really slowly--she was doing those games, pleasantly with a good attitude and absolutely no energy and not just because of the heat. She was obedient and not into the games just into being with me. I DO NOT see the point after watching the video and I am sure she doesn't see any purpose in this. Also I don't see any reason when we are loving being together to up the ante and make her execute tasks with more energy. In sessions with DAN and MARIE both it seems CHANGE is in the air--riding for fitness is good and if there is sufficient mental challenge great then time on the ground can be primarily dwell time. GOLDEN relationship.
  2. We had an energy level mis-match--even though I was cueing from intention and body language my energy was HUGE. Actually I am not sure I have ever had as low an energy level as Try! It upset me to see the video and I did not like what I was doing. I want to spend more time as least attempting to MATCH and MIRROR HER energy level.

Sephira

  1. Safe and sweet and the most relaxed I have seen. A month ago I did not know she could be so relaxed. I love this. Caveat: balance is needed in this as in all things.
  2. HQ yields were improved. Getting step now from a look, particularly on her left side. With porcupine I can get a good step--not surprising given her dressage background.
  3. Backup: this is really improving and she is getting the idea, lighter and less resistance
  4. We circled in the ring some--eye opener--she really prefers her right side/lead and it took a while to send in the other direction but stayed with it til we got it and she licked and chewed.
  5. Going back to the barn she began to disrespect my space and I corrected it with more energy (3rd day working on this). She licked and chewed and stayed nicely at my side.
priorities
  1. FQ yield and driving from one place to another, purpose i.e. back out of ring
  2. For me--study on line level 1
  3. ALWAYS film everything on line for the time being to check my use of phases, energy and timing










No comments:

Post a Comment