Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday - Level one, on line, friendly game

After viewing Friday's video, I decided it would be smart to get back to basics and review--so I watched the savvy pack, level 1 On Line, student pack and most of how to pack for just the friendly game.

Thoughts:

  1. I really like this pack. I especially like Pat's manner in teaching the student who was apparently an already accomplished professional from a different discipline. I thought the tasks/tests are so useful for everyone.
  2. My purpose with the friendly game and Sephira:
    1. Developing confidence and relaxation foremost
    2. Developing an understanding of a new way of learning--puzzle solving--Sephira is so very smart and I believe she will love this if I make it fun and positive for her.
    3. Friendly to teach Sephira a way to know that she got it--its the right answer.
    4. Safety for me
    5. Balance of rapport and respect
    6. Teaching a relaxation cue--I think she is getting the rub to a stop--tho I want to be more consistent in its use. HOWEVER, I find I am rubbing her forehead a lot--this is her favorite place. But I may be overusing it for my own purposes--for my relaxation, going back to neutral, reset and time to think.
    7. The timeline: If Sephira is in charge of the timeline--I want to know and respect it.
    8. Distance--friendly and confidence at close, mid and "far" range.
    9. ??rhythmic motion is friendly, rhythmic pressure is driving??
    10. ZERO BRACE is the goal and will apply to everything we do.
Tasks:
  1. Close range: Approach and rub everywhere. yes. I did find her sensitive spot in the girth area where she has been teased in the past. I can use grooming and tack-up time with approach and retreat to explore making this a non-issue.
  2. Close range--Rhythm--swing string over her back 6x right and left sides--yes. And kudos to us both as it took several sessions for Sephira not to be scared of stick/string period.
  3. Mid range--walk forward in a circle swinging stick/string from side to side. This way good. I was not confident in my ability to do helicopter without looking--so I peaked and Sephira has no issue with helicopter.
  4. BUT when I turned and walked backward facing her--she was not comfortable--we made a bit of progress and we can explore this again.
  5. Jumping jacks toward zone 1 from mid range to close: (well 1/2 jacks--my left shoulder--not a good idea). Sephira was ok with this. Skipping to zone 3 and hug--not so much. Skipping improved when I used approach and retreat--skipping with more and more energy. Another good one to repeat.
Video link at youtube with excerpts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUHRK7fdaA0&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment